Ask a Question - or - Return to the Spiritual Warfare Forum Index

Question Title Posted By Question Date
Grandfather's suicide Anne Friday, August 24, 2018


My grandfather committed suicide before I was born. He waited for a train to come, and then, he threw himself in front of it. He was decapitated. He had been a heavy drinker; and after his wife died, he made several attempts at suicide by gassing himself in the kitchen. Someone always found him with the oven on, but he would be unconscious, not dead. Can this thing carry over to his ancestors?

For instance we never had any peace in our home when I was a child. There was always fighting. My father suffered from depression and was a heavy drinker as well.

Question Answered by

Dear Anne:

I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. We will pray for his repose.

The answer to your question is "yes." Suicide affects the family like no other type of death. The psychological effects with the family can affect the next several generations. It sounds like your parents may have been effected by the suicide, at least what you describe can be typical effects.

On the spiritual front, with suicide there is always a demonic element. This evil spirit of suicide and depression may invade several generations of the family. For this and other sins of ancestors that we may not know about, it is advisable for each generation to pray the Prayer Of Renunciation Of Ancestral Sins.

You and each of your siblings, as well as your and your siblings children, should pray this prayer.

Other spiritual warfare prayers are available to you in our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Catalog, linked below.

Our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Team will be praying for you.

God Bless,
Bro. Ignatius Mary

For information on how to receive help see our Help page. We suggest that before contacting us directly for help you try the Seven Steps to Self-Deliverance. These self-help steps will often resolve the problem. Also our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Catalog contains many prayers that may be helpful. If needed you can ask for a Personal Consultation.