Ask a Question - or - Return to the Spiritual Warfare Forum Index

Question Title Posted By Question Date
Oppression Mary Tuesday, November 20, 2018


Is it possible to experience demonic oppression through my family? What I mean is that there's a constant negativity: unreasonable suspicion, innuendos, etc. My family background is very disordered and abusive and it's like, or rather it is, that I'm the only one who acknowledges that. In order to avoid admitting what is wrong they constantly insinuate I am crazy.

I am the only Catholic in my family and I am a former religious. I wasn't as aware of these negative things before I entered religious life but now they seem much clearer

Thank you and God bless you.

Question Answered by Bro. Ignatius Mary, OMSM(r), CCD, LTh, DD, LNDC

Dear Mary:

I am sorry to hear about your family dynamics. I have similar experiences with my family.

The first explanation is that the dysfunctional behavior is psychological and past from person-to-person and generation-to-generation by modeling this behavior to the children who adopt it for themselves.

As for demonic elements, yes, it is possible that a inter-generational demonization is taking place. A demon(s) may be plaguing your family, perhaps from a family curse somewhere along the line.

I recommend that you pray the Prayer Of Renunciation Of Ancestral Sins. The Hedge Prayer of Protection and other prayer in our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Catalog, linked below, may be helpful to you. 

Even if other family member will not join you in these prayers, it is important that you pray them. There are also prayers in the Catalog to pray for others that I would recommend.

Our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Team will be praying for you.

God Bless,
Bro. Ignatius Mary

For information on how to receive help see our Help page. We suggest that before contacting us directly for help you try the Seven Steps to Self-Deliverance. These self-help steps will often resolve the problem. Also our Spiritual Warfare Prayer Catalog contains many prayers that may be helpful. If needed you can ask for a Personal Consultation.